|By Kevin Benedict||
|November 19, 2009 01:45 AM EST||
I read an article by an author on Ulitzer.com and was amazed at the professional image it provided him. I immediately researched Ulitzer to see if there was yet hope for me.
I am a technology blogger on the subject of mobile computing strategies. As I was doing research I came across the author Ian Thain, a fellow mobile computing blogger, who had a very professional website on Ulitzer (www.ulitzer.com).
Professional envy motivated me to investigate this thing called Ulitzer.
Ian's website looked like he had spent a great deal of time and money on it - all things I am short on.
I carefully studied Ian's website to see how it was set up. It looked like an expensive industry portal with colorful graphics, animation and industry news.
It had tabs that filtered articles, by most popular, by date, etc. I have blogged for over 5 years so I know those features are not easy to develop.
I opened my old blog site, and in the light of Ulitzer, it looked amateurish and pathetic. I went back to the Ulitizer website and read all about it.
The ability to be syndicated across multiple topic websites and to look professional was very appealing. The next day I registered and began utilizing Ulitzer.
Now I too look professional, at least online.
- Personal Branding Checklist
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict
- Facebook, Twitter LinkedIn, Ulitzer, MeettheBoss - Execs Go Online Big-Time
- Is the PR Business Extinct? Yes
- Twitter, Linked In, Ning and Ulitzer: Easy Personal Branding Strategy
- My Thoughts on Ulitzer
- Ulitzer Live! New Media Conference & Expo
- Will PR Firms Survive The New Media Avalanche?
- Instant Professionalism Online Despite Yourself...with Ulitzer